Tag: Salma HayekView All Tags
Well, we won't get to see Salma Hayek in a spacesuit anytime suit, as the actress and mom has dropped her reservations for one of Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic suborbital space trips. Salma, whose daughter Valentina turns three in September, recently told InStyle that she's given up all of her dangerous, adventure-seeking ways in order to turn her focus on her family.
She explained her decision very simply:
My dream was to go into space. I reserved my place with the Virgin (Galactic) expedition. And then I got pregnant. And now I'm a mother. So I'm not going to go.
Jaunted On Location / Adam Sandler / Salma Hayek / Rob Schneider / Chris Rock / David Spade / Southborough / MA / Boston Travel / → All Tags
Today, if you happen to be in Southborough, MA and hankering for some celeb-spotting, Adam Sandler and his favorite sidekick, Rob Schneider, as well as David Spade, Salma Hayek and Chris Rock, are all to be found at Pilgrim Church at 15 Common Street.
The usually upbeat cast will be at the church all week filming a somber funeral scene for Adam's new movie, "Grown Ups", which is being called "The Big Chill 2.0" as the plot involves a group of friends who reunite on Fourth of July weekend twenty years after graduating from high school.
Yesterday, several lucky onlookers received autographs and handshakes from cast members Sandler, Spade, Rock and Schneider but unfortunarely they didn’t see much of the actual scenes or Salma Hayek, since most of the action took place inside.
Another celebrity currently stimulating the travel economy this week but doing the opposite of a girlfriend getaway is Salma Hayek. She's rumored to be getting married (again, she tied the knot with French businessmen François-Henri Pinault in February) this weekend in Venice, Italy -- and by "rumored" we mean Antonio Banderas blurted it out in the press conferences. He's so not getting invited to the next wedding.
So what we want to know is, what makes a great girlfriend getaway? Or, in a larger, gender-neutral sense, what do you do with your friends when you travel? Do you have a first-night-out ritual? A secret induction ceremony? (Well, it won't be secret now!)
[Photo: Urban Celebs]
With so much travel news raining down on us, we don't always have time to give every story its own forecast. Here's more of the day's news, in brief.
· Arthur Frommer Hits Up the LA Times Travel Show: On the heels of the NYT Travel Show, the LA Times held their event. Frommer and Samantha Brown were just some of the big travel names discussing traveling in these depressing times. [LA Times]
· It's Not Pretty When You Miss a Flight: A woman who misses her flight in Hong Kong; YouTube "translates." [YouTube]
· Legoland's Inauguration Scene: Comedian Dave Barry has some snaps of Legoland's awesome inauguration setup which includes Aretha Franklin's hat. [Dave Barry]
· Who Wants to Go on Sea Cruise?: Lucky for you, the NY Times Travel section has just put out their Cruise Issue and there's some good news as cruises are getting cheaper. The bad news? You're on a cruise. And now we await your hate comments. [NY Times]
· Salma Hayek Will Always Have Paris...And Billions: Salma Hayek and on-again, off-again baby daddy and heir to the LVMH fortune, Francois-Henri Pinault, got married in quickie service in Paris on Valentine's Day. [AP News]
[Photo: NY Times]
Airport Photo Shoots / Celeb Travel / Taylor Swift / Salma Hayek / Liev Schreiber / Naomi Watts / Brody Jenner / Fergie / Josh Duhamel / → All Tags
You don't have to go it alone! Celebrities took their families, old and new, on the road this week. Pop star Taylor Swift arrived back in Los Angeles after her record-breaking turn on "Saturday Night Live"--she's the youngest musical guest ever to appear on the show--with her mom, who celebrated her birthday while they were in New York City. Two days after the Golden Globes, celeb mom Salma Hayek arrived early at LAX to take her daughter Valentina to Paris, where her father lives.
Sure, even with the nanny it can be a lot to handle: Liev Schreiber let the nanny carry son Alexander as he and Naomi Watts struggled with the bags from taking Alex and baby Samuel with them on a trip to LA. And Victoria Beckham, who we saw being a tourist over the weekend, took her three kids to Leonardo Da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport to fly back to Britain.
But the best companion can be someone who's just joining your family: Brody Jenner and girlfriend Jayde Nicole walked arm in arm at LAX, while Fergie and Josh Duhamel were taking off for their honeymoon, reportedly for the Bahamas. Have fun, newlyweds!
Salma Hayek takes daughter Valentina to the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, which Boston.com just singled out as one of the most kid-friendly places in the City of Light.
A mega-stroller is just the thing to take your one-year-old to the park, but can you get it on the plane? Despite TSA's protests that its policies will never separate mom from child, horror stories about the difficulty of getting a stroller through security can head itchy-footed parents off at the pass.
If you're headed out Salma's way, try e-mailing MESSAGE Paris, a parents' support network that might be able to recommend a good stroller store (or even lend you a spare!)
· Demi Throws Ashton a 30th Birthday Party at the Bowery Hotel [HC]
· Kid-Friendly Paris gallery [Boston.com]
· Luxembourg Garden Carousel in Paris [Deliciousbaby.com]
· Celeb Travel coverage [Jaunted]