Tag: MayercraftView All Tags
Unfortunately, we didn't manage to finagle our way onto the Mayercraft Carrier II, the much talked about celebrity cruise involving and inspired by singer John Mayer and his most passionate fans. But while the boat's still out at sea until tomorrow, reports are trickling back to land, despite onboard tweeters being slapped with roaming charges.
The trip so far, according to John: There were toasts, ill-advised songwriting sessions and collegiate cliché-forming and all of it was very busy. Mayer may or may not be headed to bed right now after "DJing" with iTunes till 7AM.
The trip so far, according to other tweeters:
· "Vom'd the first night. Success!" --urka21
· "Yoga, swim, lay out, water slide, live bands --- life is good on Mayercraft" - hotasmiah13
· "I woke up on the balcony of a room on cruise ship...funny thing is I don't have a balcony in my room." -JayTayLIVE
· "Soft serve ice cream is 4 decks up! Have to keep moving chair for perfect tan..." --MjBubbles
· "Mayercraft tip: Don't fall asleep on top of the TV remote. My back's aching and I accidentally ordered "Horton Hears a Who" on demand." --carlmayer, John's brother, who apparently prefers towel animals to tour dates?
John Mayer's Mayercraft is departing from San Pedro, California today and if you aren't one of the lucky ones on the ship, you may still have a chance to go. The Mayercraft Carrier website still says there are less than 100 cabins left, starting at $879 per person. (Call 1-877-SIXTHMAN to book.)
Meanwhile, John, an avid and sometimes annoying Twitterer, has prepped for the four-day cruise to Cabo by making sure his "area" is all waxed for the return of the neon yellow Borat-style mankini. Um. Ok.