Tag: Luggage FlairView All Tags
· Sick of Losing Your Luggage: Budget Travel tested some luggage trackers. [Budget Travel]
· Kanye West in Trouble for LAX Pap Smackdown: Kanye West went berserk on some paparazzi outside the American terminal at LAX and has been charged with vandalism, battery and grand theft. His lawyer was in court today to win a delay for Kanye's arraignment. [TMZ]
· Good News for the Travel Industry: Gay travelers are still taking trips! [LAT]
· Call The Hotel Before You Get There: It may not be open anymore. [NY Times]
On the spectrum of luggage-related paranoia, on one side you have those little plastic locks that people who vacation in Atlantic City put on their suitcases. A fascinating case study in human gullibility but not exactly secure.
The BioCase features exclusive biometric (fingerprint) technology that unlocks when memorized fingerprints access the case. The cases are nearly indestructible with their hard side design, adding even more security and protection during your travels... Each case will “memorize” up to eight fingerprints with a memory that remains charged for 90 days. Each case can be fully charged using a power adapter or USB plug.
· Playboy Bunny Misses Point of Visiting Jamaica: Our own Victor Ozols thinks "Bridget's Sexiest Beaches" did not give us the full story on life in the sand in Jamaica.
A show about Negril that fails to mention ganja is like a show about Antarctica that fails to mention snow. They must have had some deft shot-blocking to keep it out of the frame.
· Ryanair Fees Just Suck: We culled together all the fees that you will probably incur on our next Ryanair flight and really, you need to be budgeting for these fees. But what really turned JuliaB off is the out of the way airports that Ryanair uses. Which just means more money out of your pocket.
· Silvio Making Train Travel Exciting Again? Italy's prime minister gets some traction in his engineer's hat.
· Sharing Your Crazy Passports at the Border Experiences: Keep your experiences 'a coming. So we can be prepared on our next trip.
· Luggage Flair: What kind of luggage flair are you using to get or detract attention when you travel? JetSetCD says her luggage is her luggage flair, while others use a ribbon, a T5 tag and a rubber Jet Blue tag. C'mon. You must have more flair that you are willing to share! Put your frills and bows here.
Have a topic you would like to see OpenThreaded? Let us know.
Hat? Check. Sunglasses? Check. One carry-on easily identifiable by luggage flair consisting of an LV scarf? Check.
Janet Jackson and her boyfriend Jermaine Dupri landed at New York's LaGuardia Airport the other day and while we're sure the duo had some monstrous caravan of Louis Vuitton-monogrammed luggage awaiting their bodyguards and assistants in the baggage claim, the couple did look like they were carrying-on light with just one bag a piece.
She was toting a beige, reptile skin bag and he was making it work with a small carry-on. Of course, he followed the age-old traveler's rule of making your black rolling suitcase stand out from the others by tying a Louis Vuitton scarf to his handle.
Cute as ribbons and LV scarves may be, we like our luggage flair to be a bit more practical which is why we use a small day-glo green ID tag on our carry-on handles. It won't blind you looking at it thanks to its small size, but we can always see it from afar on the baggage carousel, in those dreaded times when we have to check a bag for some reason.
We wanna know...What does your Luggage Flair look like?
[Photo of Janet and Jermaine via Just Jared]