Tag: HajjView All Tags
As much as we hate to be bad news bears about cruises, yet another pleasure boat has run into trouble in the Gulf of Aden. This time it's a German vessel evacuating because of "unspecified security threats." Scary! It's even enough to make Indiana ban all smiling in the state--at least in driver's license photos anyway.
The TSA won't be amused by the latest round up of its un-complishments from Cracked, recapping the worst moments in airport "security." And Cody Matthews better enjoy his two days in DC for Obama's inauguration: They're going to cost upwards of $5k.
At least the 2 million Muslim pilgrims descending on Mecca have something to celebrate: Despite seemingly annual trampling deaths and accidents, this year's event is--so far--fatality-free. Alhamdulillah!
· Pirates Grow Bolder, Target Cruise Ships [Peter Greenberg]
· Smiling Taboo for Driver's License Photos [Times of NWI]
· Seven Dumbest Things Ever Done by Airport Security [Cracked]
· Can't Put a Price on History [WaPo]
· Muslim Pilgrims Stone Devil Among Tight Control [Reuters, via NYT]