Attractions found at both Florida and Japan Hogsmeade parks:
· Hogwarts Castle
· "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride
· Flight of the Hippogriff ride
· The Three Broomsticks restaurant
· Hog's Head Bar
· Honeyduke's Sweets Shop
· Ollivander's Wand Shop
· Zonko's Joke Shop
· Dervish and Banges
· Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods
· Owl Post (with live owls - new for Japan)
· Hogwarts Express train (prop, not a ride)
New for Universal Studios Japan:
· Gladrags Wizard Wear
· Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment (a Diagon Alley shop in Orlando)
· Hogwarts' Black Lake
Universal Studios Japan is surprisingly convenient to central Osaka (15-minutes on one train, under $2 each way), and even from Osaka-Kansai International Airport (1 hour on two trains, $11 each way). More transportation details here.
As if you needed another reason to visit, Universal Studios Japan boats two other unique experiences: "Hello Kitty Fashion Avenue" within the park, and an Osaka Takoyaki Museum (takoyaki is a savory bite-size street food of battered and fried octopus) at Universal CityWalk.
The magic is hardly over; Universal Studios Hollywood is still set to debut their own Wizarding World in 2016.
[Photos: Universal Studios Japan]