Here's how it works:
· Open Uber between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. this Friday, 2/14.
· Brainstorm a romantic message (12 characters max).
· If it's available, request the UberSKY option.
· Confirm the $500 price tag and wait for an Uber rep to call.
· We'll ask for your message and tell you when you can expect to see it in the sky!
The whole stunt is a production of Uber in partnership with Mastercard's #PricelessSurprises campaign, so if you're paying by Mastercard, you could even receive the skywriting for free (but no guarantees). Uber, the taxi and black car-hailing app, is no stranger to the skies; they mounted a successful Uberchopper service to the Hamptons last summer.
If you're already drafting a sweet UberSky message for your sweetheart, please check the weather forecast first. There's nothing worse than a lovely day and some skywriting ruined by low cloud cover.
If you're sticking to the ground this Valentine's Day, sign up on the Uber app using promo code o0hnc for $20 off your first ride.