What we liked
· Excellent in-flight entertainment on the seat-back touchscreen monitor. We napped for only a moment, because there were so many great movies on offer, and even some rarer BBC shows.
· The 2-3-2 configuration in Economy. This means better aisle access, a sliver more privacy, and a less claustrophobic feel in general.
· Orderly boarding at EWR, and an on-time departure and arrival to MUC.
· EconomyPlus seating only cost an extra $100. We didn’t take advantage of it, but the price is right for a couple extra inches of legroom.
· The flight attendants were warm, attentive, and professional.
What we didn't like
· The meal service was…less than cafeteria quality. Food came in the most flimsy plastic containers, which made picking up the dishes precarious. Flavors (we had chicken with rice and beef lasagna) were bland, and dessert was a generic sweet cake little larger than a postage stamp.
· Beverage service was meager with no full cans of soda given and cups of water filled only half-way.
· Temperature control is lacking. The seats have no vents above, and window seats were freezing cold.
Munich Airport is awesome. United's economy seats on the 767 on this route are pretty great. These things considered, if the price is right we say to go for it! We'd absolutely choose this over the standard rush of evening flights into Frankfurt, or any flight into Paris. The combination of comfy seat, great entertainment, and an arrival into an airport that offers plenty amenities means we'd happily fly it again.