Here at Jaunted, we've used our knowledge gained from previous frustrating weather delay escapades to develop a small series on Five Things to Do at...whichever major airport you're stuck at. Several tips to remember are:
· Follow your airline on social media
· Check your airline's website for a winter travel waiver, allowing for free flight changes, and take advantage of it!
· Have all your flight information (especially the booking code) easily accessible for when you eventually have to make that dreaded rebooking call.
· Before heading to the airport, stash a few snacks, a good book, charge all your electronics to 100%, and pack an abundance of patience.
Meanwhile, the bulk of today's flight issues will come from New York's three major airports, plus Boston-Logan, as they shovel out from under Hercules' onslaught. Here's a few of our best stories to help you endure this tough travel day, until you finally get to where you're going:
· Surviving a Cancelled Flight: What to Buy at the Airport
· Consider traveling to one of these "endless summer" destinations next winter
· Five Things to Do at: Atlanta-Hartsfield (ATL)
· Five Things to Do at: Chicago-O'Hare (ORD)
· Five Things to Do at: Detroit-Metro (DTW)
· Five Things to Do at: Minneapolis-Saint Paul (MSP)
· Five Things to Do at: Dallas-Forth Worth (DFW)
And, maybe, just... Pray Josh Groban is on your delayed flight
[Photos: Jaunted, Weather Channel]