Fly Economy, Enjoy Premium Perks for $199 with Delta's New 'Smart Travel Pack'
Earlier this year, travelers found that if they went through the steps of booking and purchasing a flight on Delta, that the website would quickly enter upsell mode, offering "trip extras" like extra SkyMiles and a Gogo in-flight WiFI pass for a few extra dollars here and there.
Now we have good news and bad news. The good news is that Delta finally organized all this into one nice and neat add-on called "Smart Travel Pack." The bad news is that they'll still charge extra for it, $199 per person, to be exact.
For travelers all the way back in Economy looking for some premium perks without paying double or more to upgrade, the Smart Travel Park may be a nice indulgence, or a truly smart move depending on if there's luggage to be checked and extra legroom desired.
Only SkyMiles members are eligible to purchase the deal (add it to your booking on delta.com), and only for new or existing travel through January 5, 2014.
Here's what the $199 buys you:
· Free first checked bag for each passenger traveling in the same reservation
· Priority Boarding to give the entire party more time to get onboard and get settled in their seats with carry-on baggage stowed
· Access to Preferred Seats to allow selection of bulkhead or exit row seats or access aisle or window seat toward the front of the plane at no additional charge
· Discounted Economy Comfort which gives customers the option to upgrade to Economy Comfort for 50 percent less on domestic flights and 25 percent less on international flights
· 20 percent more bonus miles for the SkyMiles member who purchases the Smart Travel Pack to get them to their next Award Ticket faster
Sound familiar? It should if you're flown Finnair recently, as the Scandi airline debuted a similar offer just last year, selling different ticket types as packages of perks.
As of press time, the new Delta Smart Travel Packs do not offer any extra packages of Biscoff...yet.