The Arrival is what we'd call a recombobulation zone for Biz & First Class flyers whose destination is Hong Kong. Exit immigration and customs, and head here for a freshening up, a full shower, breakfast, a snack, or just to get some work done. All restrooms have shower facilities, there's a small buffet of hot and cold items plus a menu of made-to-order noodles and small dishes, and workstations are available.
Reasons you'd want to chillax in The Arrival:
· You're waiting for someone coming in on a later flight
· Your flight was an early arrival and your ride or hotel reservation isn't for a while
· You've got to straight to a meeting or work and want to look your best
· You're hungry and want to grab a little something before heading out into the city
· It just sounds like a good idea
The design follows that of the other Cathay lounges, so frequent CX flyers will recognize the bar and spa-like elements. The only thing The Arrival doesn't have? Those awesome, custom-designed Solus chairs, but that's because the privacy they afford in a large lounge isn't needed here; it's very likely you'll have the entirety of The Arrival completely to yourself.
Photos: Cynthia Drescher for Jaunted