Lists / Lent / Fat Tuesday / Tourists / Travel Tips / → All Tags
7 Things Travelers Can Give Up for Lent
Fat Tuesday has just about come to a close, which means the austere Catholic tradition of Lent begins tomorrow and, with it, a resolution for a better lifeor better travel.
If you're stuck for an idea of what to give up for Lent, we've got seven suggestions (though they really should be given up altogether!).
1. Posing like the above photo
2. Traveler's Checks
3. The "tourist" versus "traveler" debate
4. Paying $14.95/day for horrible hotel WiFi when renting a MiFi device with companies like TEP averages $7/day.
5. Bringing home all the hotel toiletries and then never using any but the shampoo.
6. Neglecting to enter frequent flyer account info when booking flights
7. Saving old years of guidebooks (example: do you really need the 2003 edition of Fodor's Jamaica?)