NORTH AMERICA & CARIBBEAN
· New Mexico for trains, booze, and snacking from Santa Fe to Albuquerque.
· Providence, RI for the independent shops and mom and pop coffeeshops.
· Burlington, VT to find the "sixth Great Lake," great beer, and the comforts of a cozy winter.
· All around Colorado to hit the fresh powder by day, and the Great American Beer Festival by night.
· The main island of Hawaii for hiking through ecosystems, sinking our toes into red sands, and a shift of priorities.
· Martha's Vineyard to eat lobster rolls, climb lighthouses, and live out New England summer fantasies.
· Portland, OR to sip at urban wineries, eat sausage bouquets, and gorge at food trucks.
· Palm Springs, CA to rent the "perfect airbnb property" and get some flying time in a 4-seater aircraft.
· Park City, UT for a go at the snow and the Sundance Film Festival.
· New York City forever and ever.
· Onboard the Celebrity Reflection to see how cruise ships have changed over the last 30 years.
· Puerto Vallarta for the hidden beaches, surfing, and Riviera Nayarit towns.
· Mexico City in order to get lost in Chapultepec, and hop between UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
· The island of St. Croix to eat Caribbean classic cuisine, and fly in a tiny plane over tiny islands.
· The island of St. Maarten, for the excellent French food and even better up-close planespotting.
· The island of Bermuda, because it's ridiculously close to the US and yet so far, far away. Also: pink sand beaches.
Monet's gardens at Giverny, outside Paris
· Lisbon, Portugal to figure out why exactly Americans seem to skip it.
· Paris, France, but only for the wealth of day-trips within 1-2 hours of travel from the center of the city.
· Frankfurt, Germany, also with a focus on day-trips to nearby lovely towns like Mainz and Darmstadt.
· Istanbul, Turkey because a cup of Turkish coffee on the Bosphorus is always a good idea.
· Hong Kong because there's no lack of reasons to go to Hong Kong and everything is worth a story.
· Cambodia for the markets, the Khmer specialties, and the...hot dogs?
· Seoul, South Korea because this was the year it finally got a nonstop flight from the US, from a US airline (and it's cooler than Tokyo, shhh).
· Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for the excellent street food and weird Communist realness.
· Brunei, because no one seems to know where it is or what to do there.
· Chile's Atacama Desert to soak in one of the the world's driest and most remote places, with picturesque adventure at every turn.
· Chilean Patagonia for the awesome views, crazy weather, glaciers, and good eats.
· Chiloe Island, Chile for the heritage architecture and the "once" meal.
· Australia, because it's Australia.
· Auckland, New Zealand for ice cream and the sun of southern summer.
· The islands of Fiji because Fijians are some of the happiest people on earth, and we can see why.
· On safari in Kenya to follow the Great Migration with a long lens and a patient heart.
· South Africa to drive the Garden Route, be awed by the Swartberg Pass, and eat ostrich burgers.
The switchback roads of South Africa's Swartberg Pass