The bag: I travel with two different bags. The larger one - the Ziploc - contains most of my toiletries and goes into checked luggage. The smaller one - the mesh bag in the top left - has the things that I can't get from a hotel after my checked luggage is inevitably delayed. I carry it in my backpack and, if you look very closely, you can even see the 3oz freedom bag packed inside that I use to get it through TSA.
· Deodorant: I carry two Speed Sticks, one in my luggage and one in my backpack. Discount long-haul air travel is hygienically challenging.
· Pills: Because hangovers.
· Carmex Lip Balm: An old holdover from back when my traveling was somewhat more exciting than just "airport, hotel, tourist destination, hotel, airport." Still occasionally useful.
· Cologne: A sample bottle of whatever. The faded writing on the bottom identifies this bottle as Very Sexy For Him, and it's been in my backpack since the mid-2000's. At this point I carry it around out of habit as much as anything else.
· Toothpaste: For the toothbrush.
· Toothbrush: For the toothpaste.
· Irish Spring Soap Bar: The only toiletry I pack unnecessarily. Hotel soap sucks.
· Razor and Razor Blades: Since I have a shaved head, these plus the Irish Spring double as shampoo.
· Neutrogena Post Shave Lotion: Of all the things I forget at home or in hotel rooms, for some reason aftershave is at the top of the list. There was a period last January when I purchased aftershave on 3 different continents in the span of a week. This one is from a mall in Sofia.
I'm assuming that your toiletry kit is more comprehensive and better thought through than mine. Tell us about it in the comments.