The non-stop from New York-JFK begins at $145 each way and will only fly on Saturdays, lasting through March 20, 2013. Yes, we actually found those $145 prices, too (try January 12-January 19, for example). Fingers crossed the route will be popular enough to be extended for those all-important April Coachella dual weekend dates. It's a brilliant move, really, and if you're wondering why we think so then check out what we said about their PSP flight last year, before it was even non-stop!
To celebrate and get both coasts pumped up, Virgin America is of course having a big contest.
· Roundtrip flights for you and three friends from either SFO or JFK to PSP
· Two rooms for three nights at The Saguaro (brand new funky hotel giving The Ace a run for its money)
· Complimentary airport transfer
· Dinner for four at The Saguaro's El Jefe restaurant, by Iron Chef Jose Garces
· One 60-minute massage or facial treatment
To enter, head over to their Facebook page, click "Like" (if you haven't already) and submit your details. Then share it across your social media networks for multiple contest entries and, duh, a greater chance at winning. The entry period ends this Friday, December 21, or at the end of the world, whichever happens first.
[Photoshop mash-up: Jaunted]