Our First Photos of ANA's New Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Today is First Delivery Day in Everett, WA. It's almost like a mini holiday, considering how many people, how many years, how many innovations make up the history of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Now that the "key" has officially been handed over, with pomp and circumstance, to ANA's President and CEO Shinichiro Ito, it's time to delve into the guts of this fresh bird.
All this week we'll be taking you inside the places Boeing took us inside, even including the 787 factory floor. To begin the series, we can think of nothing more appetite-whetting than drooling over the exterior of ANA's 787, tail number JA802A, parked out back behind the Boeing factory in a line of shiny, freshly finished planes:
Exterior features to look for on ANA's 787:
· The highly raked wingtips with contribute to fuel efficiency, but also give the plane a distinctly graceful, bird-like impression.
· The serrated engine cowlings, which help cut down on engine noise
· The red dots on the wings, symbolizing the Japanese flag
· The larger windows; it's even noticeable from outside
· The Bridgestone tires, which are mighty things
· Obviously the special livery, but note that only the first two 787s delivered to ANA will have this
[Photos: Cynthia Drescher for Jaunted]