· Sunglasses: For those times I forget my main pair (or lose them!), I keep a throwaway pair of 10 Euro imitation Ray-Bans. There's nothing worse than getting off a 7am arrival at FRA and transferring to the Airport bus with no sunglasses to make the transition easier.
· Plug Adapters: When youíre addicted to high tech you canít find yourself without the ability to charge gear. I carry country adapters as well as an Empower Apple Adapter, as I still see that type of outlet on some older planes. Gotta have the ability to edit music on the flight, and be as prepared as possible for the next gig.
· Loose Change: I donít usually carry anything unnecessary, but Iíve had some loose Euros and Pounds in the bottom of my bag for a while. They come in quite handy for grabbing a bag of chips at LHR before jumping on the Heathrow Express, or similarly for downing a quick coffee at AMS.
· Toothbrush: I seem to have acquired more than I need and recently found two more in the bottom of my bag. Sometimes I just donít have time to go to the hotel before a show and a quick toothbrush (and Axe Spray) is crucial!
· Pen: Flying international without a pen is a big no-no. There's Customs and Immigration forms to be filled out.
· Socks: Flights can get extremely cold, so I keep a pair of socks from a Business Class amenity pack to pop over my normal socks.
About the Author: As an international best-selling DJ and a million-mile-plus frequent flyer (and maker of awesome iPhone videos), Max Graham is "either in the studio or on a plane." He spends more nights in hotels than in his own bed and arguably has one of the best jobs in the world. You can always follow his more immediate travel commentary on Twitter and his music and tour dates at his official website.
[Photo: Max Graham]