· Go HERE and choose an available day and time of visit.
· If you can manage it, we suggest opting for the final entrance at 4:15pm. It's what we did, and the reason we loved it was because we weren't rushed at all and every time we left a room, we could look back to see it almost completely empty. Sometimes, we enjoyed grand staircases completely to ourselves while the final group moved on.
· Double check that you're buying tickets for the State Rooms, not the Queen's Gallery or the Royal Mews. Those are different things.
· Pay the £17.50 plus £1.25 booking fee, for a total of £18.75 ($30.80).
· Show up a little early for your allotted visit time, in order to pick up your ticket. The visitor's entrance is on Buckingham Palace Road, on the Palace's south side.
Some royal china you can buy from the Palace's gift shop
Do go for the audio tour! It surprisingly didn't suck and was extremely easy to use (and fast forward). Otherwise enjoy, but still do bring your camera because you are allowed to take photos once the tour finishes outside in the Palace Gardens and Cafe.