American Airlines Plane Boots Alec Baldwin Over 'Words With Friends'
Did you feel that? If the internet could have earthquakes, we'd have just experienced a minor one as Alec Baldwin went from tweeting like normal, to getting kicked off an American Airlines plane at LAX, to being in custody, to becoming a trending topic, to giving his side of the story via Twitter in just about the span of one hour.
The reason for the tarmac takedown? Apparently, according to Alec, he was playing the popular mobile Scrabble-like app Words With Friends when a flight attendant "reamed" him out. Of course he was probably still playing it beyond the point of being asked to turn off and stow all electronic devices for take-off, hence the flight attendant interference. We predict that the next few days will see news channels rehashing the old argument of whether or not cell signals interfere with airplanes. You know, that old chestnut.
What we've learned tonight:
· If you're playing against Alec Baldwin in Words With Friends, his dedication to it probably means you aren't waiting long for your turn.
· If you're playing against Alec Baldwin in Words With Friends, long delays in his play may indicate that he's arguing with flight crew for the right to make his next move.
· Alec Baldwin doesn't pay attention to the in-flight safety demonstration
· Alec Baldwin flies American Airlines
· Scrabble is missing golden opportunities with their crappy mobile game.
Yo, Alec, ping us! We want to play!