· The Grub: Since it was 7 in the morning, a plentiful breakfast spread was served, full of hot food and pastries. There were also juices, coffee, teas and alcoholic drinks available as well. (The bar serves a drink of the day and on Wednesday, it was the "Gilligan's Island.")
· Seating: There are plenty of seats ranging from sofas to low chairs to funky leather chairs. The nooks with their own flat-screen TVs are best. There are also small tables near the "cafe" to sit down with your food, although you can really eat and sit anywhere.
· Internet Connect: There is internet and it is free with a password (don't worry, it's listed on several placards throughout the clubhouse.) However, the morning that we were there, it was not working. Another passenger seemed quite stressed out about it but amazingly, we had nothing to do online so we just kicked back and charged our phone. There are plenty of chargers.
For those desperate to get online, there is a Dell desktop computer as well. This offered the capability to check your AOL mail, Yahoo account and a few other old-school internet email accounts. You can also surf the web through Internet Explorer. The desktop interface seemed a bit Y2k but it will do the job.
· The Loos: The best things about the bathrooms are that they offer Cowshed Spa products, but there's only two stalls and no showers. Aside from the sumptuous hand soap and lotion, it felt no more different than a regular airport bathroom.
· Entertainment: The Sony Movie Room is just a darkened cupboard with a flat-screen TV and a small selection of DVDs. We spied a young boy in there watching a movie and there was maybe room for two more on the chair. If you can get in there, it can be like a private screening room.
· Gate Services: There's an attendant who will help you with any questions about your flight, seat, upgrades and etc. although much of that is still determined by the gate attendants. However, they do let you know when it is time to board for your flight and on the way out, you get a Virgin Atlantic mint.
· How to Get VA Clubhouse Access: Hold a ticket for an Upper Class seat on a flight that day, hold Virgin Flying Club Gold status, or purchase lounge access as an add-on to your Virgin Vacations package.