Even though we weren't the only journalists on the trip, we were pretty much the only true blog. We've got more original photos and more detailed looks published than anyone else right now, and we're sharing it with you only hours after stepping off of the plane in the Lufthansa Technik hangar at FRA. So enjoy!
Quick facts about First Class:
· There are only 8 seats and no overheard luggage bins for high ceilings (storage is in the footrest and sides)
· The bed is 31.5 inches wide and 81.5 inches long. It is truly flat and has a big privacy screen, Paradies mattress, multiple positions, power supply for all worldwide connections and USBs, and a massage function.
· Each passenger gets a personal lockable closet with garment bag, amenity kits by Porsche Design with La Mer face creams, the freedom to dine whenever and with whomever they want (aside from crew, of course), and the benefit of sleeping in the first commercial airliner with air humidification. This is in addition to the use of the First Class lounge and their drive-you-straight-to-your-plane-in-a-Porsche service.
· First Class gets an in-flight cappuccino/espresso/latte machine, as well as "surprise moments" like the addition of items like ice cream sundaes, Oktoberfest specialties, a whiskey tasting or whatever Lufthansa feels like doing that day.
· Wondering about their two suite-like bathrooms? We'll have more on those tomorrow.
Quick facts about Business Class:
· Business class passengers share the upper level of the A380 with First Class, so they really never have to see economy.
· Larger luggage bins, side storage at the windows, and more leg room mean better Business space in general
· Each seat has power supply for all worldwide connections, including USB for charging or playing media from your mobile devices
· Business class will have access to the special A380-tailored airport lounges where available. Like First Class, they'll get to board straight from the lounge into the upper deck of the plane.
Quick facts about Economy:
· Updated seat designs mean 31" of leg room, which is 2 inches more than on other Lufthansa planes.
· Big TV screens, power connectors and USB ports mean ultimate connectivity. We charged our iPhone from the armrest, actually.
· A380s have more TV, more movies and more games on their in-flight entertainment than other Lufthansa flights. This includes three live outside camera channelsour absolute favorite.
Disclosure: We've snuck off to Germany for the A380 launch thanks to Lufthansa, but all views are completely our own
· Behold! The First Pictures of Lufthansa's New Airbus A380 [Jaunted]
· Follow Along With Us on Lufthansa's First A380 Flight! [Jaunted]
· All A380 news [Jaunted]
[All photos: Cynthia Drescher for Jaunted.com]