Here's just a few of the things we can't wait to experience while flying through T2 at SFO next year:
· "Hydration stations" nearby gates will allow passengers to fill empty bottles with filtered water. No more complaining about the inability to bring water bottles through security when it's waiting for you on the other side!
· The sitting areas at the gates will take on a loungier feel with better seats and attention to spaciousness as well as comfort.
· The Terminal is setup with the mobile, connected traveler in mind. There will be laptop work stations with outlets galore and free wireless throughout.
· Mood lighting throughout the airport transitions depends on time of day and what the natural light is doing; it's like inside the Virgin America planes.
· As far as food goes, Virgin has insisted on bringing in local SFO companies for some of the options, even including "slow food," organic and sustainability-focused restaurants.
· Hybrids will have better parking spots than everybody else out in the lots.
All of this is truly great news, great news we love to hear since the last few weeks have been rife with negative stories on the good ol' touchy-feely TSA!
[Photos: Gensler & flysfo.com]