Jetblue To Relaunch TrueBlue Program With More Ways To Earn Free Flights
We've had no issues with Jetblue's TrueBlue frequent flyer program, probably because we fly enough to quickly rack up the free flights. Regardless, Jetblue has just announced that they want more people to reap more awards for travel even easier, and so they'll be revamping the program for re-launch this fall.
Here's some details on what we can expect with the new program:
· You'll receive 6 points per dollar spend on your flight booked on Jetblue.com (8 points if you have the Jetblue AMEX), unlike in the current TrueBlue program, where points are awarded based on length of your flightthe traditional definition of airline miles.
· Bonus points for those who frequently fly
· No blackout dates (hello, Christmas Eve)
· No expiration on points accumulated (yay!)
· One-way award flights starting from 5,000 points (akin to spending $830 dollars on Jetblue flights)
All in all, the new system reminds us of Virgin America's Elevate program, which also rewards points based on the price of your flight. Comparing the two however, Jetblue will give you a free flight first; you'll need to spend almost $100 more on VA before you get any freebies. So bring it on, Jetblue, we're ready to rack 'em up.