· Nothing's cheaper than FREE, and American Airlines understands this well. Get free in-flight WiFi on American's Gogo-outfitted planes through August 23 using promo code AAWiFi76194A1.
· Virgin America fiddled with their WiFi access pricing for short-haul flights, bringing the cost down from $9.95 to a very friendly $5.95. We suppose the ability to do things like this for their passengers comes with having a fleet completely connected as they have.
· GoGo Internet by Aircell also jostled their pricing by adding new plans for flexible in-flight access. If you're taking a hopper flight shorter than an hour and a half on a plane hooked up with Gogo, you'll pay only $5.95 for internet. For you road warriors taking more than one flight in a 24-hour period, WiFi costs only $12.95 for that period. Hallelujah, not only are more planes installing the internet, but prices are already coming down.
· Southwest Airlines is still cruising on the strength of their four Wifi-enabled planes by Twittering which daily flights will have internet. Even with four, Southwest definitely makes sure that their in-flight WiFi gets around, as on average, ten flights per day are blessed with access.
· In-Flight WiFi Rates [Virgin America]
· Aircell adds two new pricing plans to the Gogo Inflight Internet Service [Gadling]
· AirTran Now Has Fleet-wide WiFi, But Watch Your Manners [Jaunted]
· How to Figure Out If Your Southwest Flight Has WiFi [Jaunted]
· In-Flight WiFi Coverage [Jaunted]
[Photo of SW Plane: ChicagoEye]