In other news that must bode well for the world's wallets, Hermès has admitted that so many people want its crocodile-leather bags that it has to farm its own crocs in Australia to keep up with demand. The UK's Times Online reports that the saltwater crocs live for up to four years in farm-fresh comfort before being killed and skinned, just so we can have a fancy suitcase or handbag to covet. That means someone must be able to afford this frippery, which will certainly trickle down, and suddenlyyay! We're all rich!
· Luxury Jeeps, part one: 2009 Grand Cherokee Overland [Boston.com]
· Pink Jeep Tours [Vegas Chatter]
· Chrysler’s Sale to Fiat Appealed by Dealers to Protect Claims [Bloomberg]
· Would You Rent Expensive Luggage Just To Impress Other Travelers? [Jaunted]
· Hermes breeds own crocodiles in Australia for luxury handbags [Times Online]
· How Hermes Beats the Recession [ABC News]