Acting on a tip from Business Rockford that the new airline, whatever it is, would be taking phone reservations today at 727-451-3970, we gave them a ring and here's what we discovered:
· Before being connected to a representative, you are welcomed to the line for "SunAmerica."
· The representative answers with "Thank you for calling JetAmerica."
· Upon inquiring about flights to/from Toledo, we were told that they are unable to book anything until their website launches either later this week or early next.
· The representative continued to state that flights will not be operating until July 1, but will be "ultra cheap."
· We are advised to "watch their website," JetAmerica.com
We will be watching your website, whatever airline you are. You better be watching your back too, because we will have our cheap flights to the Midwest, John Weikle or not.
· Is Air Azul, er, JetAmerica the Return of Skybus? [Cranky Flier]
· Same airline, just a different name before RFD launch [BusinessRockford]
· Name That Airline: AirAzul Changes Everything Before It Even Takes Off [Jaunted]
· JetAmerica Coverage [Jaunted]
· Air Azul Coverage [Jaunted]