Murray went on to take seventh in the tournament, behind Emmitt Smith but ahead of George Lopez and Mark Wahlberg. We're still not itching to go golfing with the man any time soon, though, between this incident and that little golf-cart DUI a few years ago.
So what courses are more dangerous than hitting the links with Peter Venkman? The Kabul Golf Club in Afghanistan, the country's own, is periodically subject to raids by the Taliban who disapprove of the game, and in 2007 a suicide bomber killed 12 who were on the road to the golf course -- they didn't even make it to the cart tart.
But in Panmunjom, North Korea, the "truce village" between north and south, the threat of detonating land mines means golfers have to stay on the one-hole course at all times. That's right, for all the danger, you only get one hole -- and it's a par 3.
· Day after plunking woman, Bill Murray hacks away [AP via Yahoo!]
· Missed Connections: Cruising In Stockholm (With Bill Murray) [Jaunted]
· The world's most dangerous golf course [Telegraph]
· The World's Most Dangerous Golf Course [Frisko Dude]
· Celeb Travel coverage [Jaunted]