We Don't Love Air New Zealand Enough to Shave Their Names Into Our Heads
With so much travel news raining down on us, we don't always have time to give every story its own forecast. Here's more of the day's news, in brief.
· Cranial Billboards: Actually, we're guessing this has more to do with love of money than love of Air New Zealand. But still shaving your head, wearing a temporary tattoo for a free flight or $777? Crazy. [NY Times]
· The Recession Affects Fido Too: Rates to bring your furry friends on board are going up. [Sun-Sentinel]
· Another Travel Pillow Victim: This time it's Anthony Bourdain's cameraman. [TravelChannelTV]
· Yes, We Know. She Meant "Peanuts": The CNN anchor who messed up the word peanuts with penis is now receiving death threats from peanut allergy sufferers who are upset the story has turned away from them and their needs for a peanut-free zone on-board. (Kidding!) [TMZ]
· Travel Sites Ordered to Pay Up: A court ruling has ordered online booking sites like Hotels.com and Expedia to pay Anaheim $21 million in owed taxes. Burn! [LA Times]
[Photo: NY Times]