This season, they've introduced the "Mo's Bacon Bar" available in dark or milk chocolate, with applewood smoke bacon pieces and alderwood salt. We snagged a package of the Bacon Bar Pancake Mix on our last visit to a Vosges shop.
At the O'Hare location, you'll find everything from their purple ribbon-wrapped boxes of signature truffles and cookies to packets of their exotic cocoa mixes. And now that we're craving chocolate, we'd thought we'd share our recommended flavors of Vosges truffles so you know what to pick to fill your box.
Jaunted's favorite travel-inspired Vosges truffles:
· Tlan Nacu: "Mexican vanilla bean + Venezuelan dark chocolate. Meaning "good heart", Tlan Nacu is the name of a small vanilla bean plantation in the town of Papantla on the Gulf Coast of Mexico."
· Black Pearl: "Ginger + wasabi + dark chocolate + black sesame seeds. The initially sharp, quickly dispersing fire of real wasabi and ginger are traditionally linked to Japanese cuisine."
· Woolloomooloo: "Australian macadamia nut + coconut + deep milk chocolate. Macadamia nuts, native to Australia, were harvested by the Aboriginal people who occupied the eastern slopes of the Great Dividing Range."
· Naga: "Sweet Indian curry powder + coconut + milk chocolate. Inspired by the tribes of Northeast India and the fertile landscapes." (so good as ice cream too)
· Rasta: "Jamaican sorrel + fresh ginger + nutmeg + mango + white chocolate + hibiscus flower" as an exploration of Jamaican culture