Traditional Cab to JFK:
· You can get a cab on any street corner in midtown in 60 seconds or less.
· A cab ride to JFK can take anywhere from 40 minutes to more than 60.
· With tip, a cab to JFK from Manhattan is $65.
· A cab will drop you off at any terminal you choose.
· You have to get yourself to one of a couple heliport locations; we went to 510 E. 34th St.
· The ride to JFK takes eight minutes.
· It cost $159.
· US Helicopter drops you off past security in Terminal 3, so if you're taking Delta, you're golden. If you're taking JetBlue or Virgin America, you're heading to the AirTrain and going through security again, which obviously adds time to your journey.
So There You Go:
A logical traveler would more than likely pass on US Helicopter in its current incarnation. However, a business traveler who flies Delta and has the bulk of his or her meetings within a 10 block radius of East 34th Street may find this service extremely valuable.
That said, the ride itself is an amazing rush.