"Who Throws A Shoe? Honestly!"
The day after an Iraqi journalist tossed not one but two shoes at President Bush, the internet's awash in stories about how anything foot related is supremely offensive in the Middle East. Funny, we thought cold-blooded shoe chucking was off-limits everywhere!
Footwear flinging TV correspondent Muntadhar al-Zaidi might have a decent time in Dubai--once he's out of custody--where he'll soon be able to, uh, cool his heels on some artificially chilled sand in front of the Palazzo Versace hotel. Maybe some Delta employees--who may soon be taking buyouts in droves--can join him.
· Brother Explains Shoe-Tossing Iraqi Journalist’s Anger [NYT Baghdad Bureau Blog]
· Proper Shoe-Throwing Etiquette for the Enthusiast [BlackBook]
· Chill Out You Beautiful People [UK Times]
· Brewers, Bucks No Longer Fly Midwest Charters [WTMJ]
· Delta Outlines Voluntary Severance Packages [BizJournals]