Wishful Thinking On Continental Check-In Kiosks
A Friend of Jaunted just MMSed us this photo from the Continental check-in kiosks at LAX. We count six bags weighing down this poor soul. If you figure two are carry-on luggage, this sucker would have to spend $240 in checked baggage fees to get all his stuff on the plane.
While Continental is thinking big, United has recanted on its promise to raise its charge on passengers' second checked suitcases. (The cost will continue to be $25 instead of $50.) Meanwhile in Singapore, the government is making sure people know that fees are part of the game: Any extras now have to be disclosed in travel advertising.
· Continental's Baggage Fees [Official Site]
· At Least One Country Getting Tough on Fees [Gadling]
· United Discounting Bag Fees Paid Online [Official Site]
· Delta Adding Bag Fee on December 5 [Boston Globe]
· Worth Re-Linking to: Rick Seaney's Impressive Airline Fee Chart [FareCompare]