Adventures of Link: Encore, Sarko and Bruni
The European press can't spill enough ink over Nicolas Sarkozy and his paramour Carla Bruni, who've been traveling up a storm lately. (They've been spotted at both Disneyland Paris and touring Egypt's pyramids.) But the latest jab at their whirlwind romance has Sarko tres irrité.
Ryanair, which isn't known for its subtlety, used a photo of the couple in an ad in today's issue of Le Parisien. The thought bubble above Bruni says:
With Ryanair, my whole family can come to my wedding.
That may be--as long as her relatives don't want to check bags--but the French president didn't appreciate the joke. Ryanair's apologized, but Sarko plans to sue the airline for "improper use of the president's image."
· A Ryanair Ad Provokes the Ire of the Elysee [Le Figaro, in French]
· Sarkozy to Sue Airline over Advert [AP, via CNN]
· Sarkozy Fails to See Ryanair Joke [Press Association]
· Sarkozy Threatens Suit Against Ryanair [Telegraph]
· Ryanair coverage [Jaunted]
[Photo: Le Figaro]