Adventure Travel / Light Aircraft / Bellanca Citabria Super Decathalon / Flying-M-Ranch-Map / Richard Branson / Steve Fossett / → All Tags
Adventures of Link: Searching For Fossett
A Super Decathlon like the one Fossett helmed
It's now been four days since record-breaking adventure traveler Steve Fossett set off from the Flying M Ranch, and there's still no sign of him. He was expected back at Flying M the same day he took off, reportedly to scout locations for a land speed record try.
The search has been going on almost around the clock, except when weather keeps search and rescue craft grounded. Teams are covering a vast amount of territory looking for Fossett, and despite finding nothing yet, his friends, including Richard Branson, are still optimistic that'll he be found.
The latest on the search:
· Search Area Expands to 10,000 Square Miles... [ABC]
· That's "A Lot of Terrain" to Cover [CNN]
· The Search Could Go On For Two Weeks [Reuters, via NYT]
· Branson Wants Google Maps Info for the Search [Reuters]
· Experts Stunned by Fossett's Disappearance [Wired]