Adventures of Link: The Situation in SoCal
The San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau is jumping into the YouTube game with an update from agency president David Peckinpaugh. San Diego is "ready and open for business," he says. Also on camera is a family of three visiting from Dayton, Ohio that hasn't had any trouble due to the fires.
We have to hand it to the SDCVB for embracing technology to get the word out, and tourism dollars can certainly help recovery efforts. But the video has that classic tourism marketing sheen that says, "Fires? What fires?" A deeper look at SoCal's post-wildfire situation might leave us feeling a little more informed.
· San Diego Attractions Reopening As SoCal Recovers [SDCVB]
· Is Amanda Bynes a Hotel Diva? [HotelChatter]
· US Airways Eyeing Colombia Flights [USA Today]
· Visitors Too Fat For "It's A Small World" [Consumerist]
· Leisure Travel and Costs on the Rise [AP, via Mercury News]