It's been several years now that some of the trendier restuarants across the world have been experimenting with serving meals in either complete darkness or with blindfolds over the guests. At the risk of sounding like Andy Rooney, didja ever notice that it's hard enough to read the menu in most places already? Anyway, Dark Dining Projects has some upcoming dinners planned for Camaje Bistro, in the West Village. The one you definitely won't see us at, even if you didn't have a blindfold over your pretty little eyes, is the "Dark and Silent Dining Night," billed as a "meditation on the sensory delights of eating." Urp!
· Dark Dining [Cool Hunting]
· Dark Dining Projects [Official site]
· I suppose a fork is out of the question? [Guardian]
· Paris Eatery Leaves Diners in the Dark [NPR]
· Unsicht-Bar Invisibile Bar [Slow Food]
· Dining in the dark [The Age]