The Wall runs parallel to St. Croix's north shore for about seven miles, from the capital city of Christianted to Ham's Bluff on the northwestern coast. There are lots of access points along the island's north shore, but Cane Bay is the best of the bunch because no dive boat is necessary. Divers can easily swim the 200 yards offshore to where the Wall begins--but you can hop aboard a dinghy if you're not up for the paddle.
Once there you'll be treated to an underwater ledge teeming with marine life: dolphin, snapper and barracuda, plus thriving coral heads and sea fans. There are nearly a dozen established operators that dive the Wall, but Cane Bay Dive Shop is among the oldest, and it's conveniently located at the dive site. One-tank beach dives start at $40 and include all your gear.
After your dive treat yourself to a cold Carib beer at Off the Wall, a casual beach bar within eyeshot of the dive site. It's slogan? "No shirt, no shoes, no problem." No kidding.
· Cane Bay Dive Shop [Official Site]
· St. Croix Travel: The Island's Best Wine List [Jaunted]
· St. Croix Travel: The Island's Best Rum Shack [Jaunted]
· St. Croix Travel: The Island's Best Beach [Jaunted]
· St. Croix Travel: The Island's Best Day Trip [Jaunted]
· Virgin Islands Map [Jaunted]